Need help to improve your marketing plan and PPC strategy?
If so, this article is just right for you!
We’re going to cover some statistics about Google Ads, according to the following table of contents:
- TOP 5 STATS
- GENERAL GOOGLE ADS STATS
- GOOGLE SEARCH NETWORK
- GOOGLE DISPLAY NETWORK
- GOOGLE ADS FOR MOBILE
- BONUS STATS
Before diving into the statistics, it’s important to understand how powerful an online advertising strategy can be – it helps to build brand awareness and increase website traffic, which results in purchases, in-store visits, leads and phone calls (depending on your goal, of course).
TOP 5 STATS
GENERAL GOOGLE ADS STATS
1. 92% of the search market share is owned by Google. (Statista)
2. Businesses can double (or more) in revenue for what they spend on Google Ads. (Google Economic Impact Report)
3. 72% of marketeers plan to increase their online advertising dedicated budget in a near future. (Search Engine Watch)
4. 66% of customers prefer online shopping over visiting the store in person. (Think With Google)
5. 59% of shoppers prefer to go online for recommendations before making a purchase. (Think With Google)
6. 63% of internet users state that they have clicked on a Google Ad. (HubSpot)
7. 43% of consumers purchased something after seeing an online Ad. (Clutch)
8. 41% of users say they trust online Ads. (Clutch)
9. The recommended daily budget for a Google Ads campaign is $10-$50. (Google Support)
10. The average cost-per-click (CPC) for Google Ads is $1-$2. (WebFX)
11. The average conversion rate for Google Ads is 75%. (WebFX)
GOOGLE SEARCH NETWORK
According to Google itself, the Google Search Network is “a group of search-related websites and apps where your ads can appear. When you advertise on the Google Search Network, your ad can show near search results when someone searches with terms related to one of your keywords.”
To better understand how this works, let’s take a look at the statistics:
12. When ads are paused, 89% of the traffic generated by search Ads is not replaced by organic clicks. (Google Research)
13. The top three Ad spots take about 40% of the clicks on the page. (Wordstream)
14. A business that is on page 1 of the results is preferred by 98% of searchers. (BrightLocal)
15. 33% of consumers click on search Ads because they believe that the Ad is relevant to their search. (Clutch)
16. The average cost-per-click (CPC) for the Google Search Network is $1-$2. (WebFX)
17. The average conversion rate for the Google Search Network is 17%. (Search Engine Watch)
18. The average click-through rate (CTR) for the Google Search Network is 1,91%. (WebFX)
GOOGLE DISPLAY NETWORK
By Google’s definition, the Google Display Network “helps you find the right audience with its targeting options that strategically show your message to potential customers at the right place and the right time.”
The following statistics can corroborate:
19. 55% of businesses use display Ads. (Clutch)
20. Google owns the world’s largest online display advertising network. (comScore)
21. 90% of global internet users are reached by Google display campaigns. (SEMrush)
22. On average, 155% of consumers exposed to display ads are more likely to search for a brand and/or segment-specific terms. (Specific Media)
23. The average CPC for the Google Display Network is $1 or less. (WebFX)
24. The average conversion rate for the Google Display Network is 46%. (Search Engine Watch)
25. The average CTR for the Google Display Network is 0,35%. (WebFX)
GOOGLE ADS FOR MOBILE
Nowadays it’s very common for people to use their smartphones when it comes to research. Therefore, it’s important to have mobile-oriented online Ads.
Check these mobile Ads statistics:
26. 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google. (Search Engine Watch)
27. 70% of mobile searches result in action being taken (like a purchase, for example) within an hour of a Google search. (Mediative Labs)
28. Mobile users are predicted to shop more than offline shoppers. (Think With Google)
29. 46% of consumers prefer to use their smartphone for searching and purchasing products. (Think With Google)
- 90% of consumers want Ads customized to their city, zip code, and area. (Social Media Today)
- 55% of the people with a higher household income are more likely to make a purchase after seeing or hearing an Ad than middle (48%) and low (45%) household incomes. (Clutch Survey)
- 58% of millennials admit they buyer something due to an online or social media Ad (Clutch Survey)
After analysing these stats, it’s safe to say that people not only click on Ads but also act on them. Interesting right?
By the way, we have an article about SEO Stats and another one on PPC Stats, that you can read to help you develop your marketing plan.
If you have any questions or insights on this matter, make sure to leave your comment. Thank you.